Start Learning Arabic in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Arabic = a popular language

the_haunted_boy
New in Town

Arabic = a popular language

Postby the_haunted_boy » April 12th, 2008 9:13 pm

Hey, have any of you people noticed that the Arabic languages seems to be becoming more and more popular as a foreign language to study?

Psy
New in Town

Postby Psy » April 30th, 2008 5:47 am

Since it's #4 on the world's most-spoken language list, I'm not hugely surprised. Also considering the political and economical circumstances (not to mention the media coverage) involving that part of the world, having some knowledge of the language and culture doesn't seem like a nicety... it seems more like a necessity.

At any rate, I've seen you on J-Pod101, Haunted. Good to see you here too! :D

Get 40% OFF
Musouka
New in Town

Postby Musouka » May 17th, 2008 11:06 am

Well, I dunno if it is popular enough... there is some sort of an identity crisis if you ask me.

NidaeKhair
New in Town

How do you say...

Postby NidaeKhair » June 16th, 2008 5:09 am

Assalaamu 'Alaikum.

Umm, I didn't know where else to post this question. I went through the beginner lesson "Do you have a pen?" The word "tubqee" means "you keep" if I'm not mistaken. I wanted to know if this word is used for the female.
How would you say "Do you want to keep it with you?" to a female? Would that be "Hal tureedeen an tubqeehi ma'aki?" - ??

Oh, and, how can I find a language partner here?

Shukran, wa Jazaakumullaah.

Fawzy
New in Town

Postby Fawzy » June 19th, 2008 8:09 pm

Hello Nidae, I think you've already asked that question over the lessons comments, and I've already told you that you're absolutely correct

Btw, you should've at least started a new thread instead of posting on a totally irrelevant one :)

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Arabic”