Start Learning Arabic in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

small font in Arabic

hyunwoo
New in Town

small font in Arabic

Postby hyunwoo » June 14th, 2008 7:26 pm

This might be a very stupid question ^_^ but even if it is, please forgive me because I'm an absolute newbie in learning the fabulous language of Arabic! :)

When I come to Arabicpod101.com or go to some other websites where Arabic is written, I kind of feel that the font is very small and the letters are a bit hard to tell compared to English or other languages...

Is it only me?

And if it's not only me, can every Arabic speaker read the small-fonted letters (to my eyes at least) without any problem? :)

Thanks!

Fawzy
New in Town

Postby Fawzy » June 15th, 2008 12:42 am

Haha!
Well, you're not alone, I believe the Arabic script has been coded with a default small size compared to the Latin script

To answer your question, yes, I can read the small sized font without any problems because I'm used to it :)

Get 40% OFF
hasenj
New in Town

Postby hasenj » July 11th, 2008 11:19 pm

Arabic in Arial font is very annoying when it's small like this. I find it annoying, althu I can read it, but I really hate reading it in a small font like that.

In Tahoma font, arabic looks fine when small, and I actually love it at 10pt!

For Arial font, it needs to be 12pt and bold to be readable.

Courtney29
New in Town

Postby Courtney29 » October 5th, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi! I struggle with that too, as I don't have a lot of experience reading Arabic, so I often just zoom in on arabic text when it's written so small.

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Arabic”