Start Learning Arabic in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Exporting vocab from the word bank

anitagomez
New in Town

Postby anitagomez » July 17th, 2008 8:15 pm

Is there a way to export the vocab from the word bank, for example to Excel, so that I would be able to create my own vocab lists, sort them alphabetically or else, maybe use different fonts and font sizes, and print them out on paper. The flash cards are fine and I use them sometimes, but I do not always want to sit in front of my computer, I have to do that all day long at work.
Are there other paper fans out there?
Any chances for such a feature?

anitagomez

leffex
New in Town

Re: Exporting vocab from the word bank

Postby leffex » September 1st, 2008 1:31 am

anitagomez wrote:...
Any chances for such a feature?

anitagomez

Go into your Wordbank... if all the words you want are there you use the printer friendly view.

What you see is this
My Word Bank Flashcards | Show Printer Friendly Version (opens in new window)
THEN ALL WORDS.

Press the Show Printer Friendly Version.

All words will be there.

CTRL + A to highlight all then CTRL + C to copy and then CTRL + V or PASTE them to excel and then to .doc, or straight to document. If the FONT doesn't work in your webbrowser download Opera and try with it.

Then in Excel or .doc you can highlight the arabic row and change size of the letters etc.

Good luck.

Get 40% OFF
anitagomez
New in Town

Postby anitagomez » September 1st, 2008 10:50 am

Thanks, leffex, works fine with excel, though the romanization column does not show in the printer-friendly version, but that's not too bad, this way I really have to focus on the Arabic script and cannot cheat ... (and I can always add a transliteration when I need it badly).

Thanks again for your help.

Return to “Technical Support”