Start Learning Arabic in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Size of Arabic writing

Sprachprofi
New in Town

Size of Arabic writing

Postby Sprachprofi » May 8th, 2008 3:15 pm

It would be really awesome to make the Arabic writing larger in lesson comments and the like. For an Arabic speaker it's probably not a problem, but my eyes start to hurt trying to look closely enough to figure out what the letters are...

anitagomez
New in Town

Size of Arabic writing

Postby anitagomez » May 9th, 2008 8:20 pm

HI Sprachprofi,

That's just what I thought. Though I studied Arabic at the university for nearly two years I can't read the script properly without having to dive into the screen... I think it's nearly impossible for beginners who have never seen Arabic in writing to identify the individual letters in vowelled version. It would really help to change the font size to avoid that people only read the romanized transcripts. Dear ArabicPod101 team, please make it easier for us all to read.

anitagomez

Get 40% OFF
Timothy
New in Town

Postby Timothy » May 12th, 2008 4:43 am

شكراً - shukran - Thanks for the feedback.

I've gotten pretty used to using my browsers to change the font-size depending on how tired my eyes are.
Mac: Command + Plus/Minus
Windows with Firefox: Ctrl+Plus/Minus for Windows Firefox
Windows with IE6: a drop-down menu in Windows IE6 gives one or two increases in font-size.
Now that you've mentioned it, we all agree the default font-size is too small for Arabic script, and the Tech Team is going to take care of it.

I'll make another post here once we've made our adjustments.

Musouka
New in Town

Postby Musouka » May 17th, 2008 11:01 am

If you have MS Office, make sure you install the Arabic language support first, and then you can copy/paste into Word and resize as you like.

You may want to buy a keyboard with Arabic letters if you can find one around -> Maybe ArabicPod101.com should start selling those :)

Timothy
New in Town

Postby Timothy » May 18th, 2008 8:42 pm

We've increased the font-size in the Learning Center for any sections that are dedicated to Arabic script. We also adjusted some of the line-spacings so that the vowels and dots below one line won't interfere with the vowels above the next.

So what do you think about it now?
Are the tips I gave earlier along with Musouka's tip enough for Post Comments and the other sections of the site?

AndrewPenney
New in Town

Postby AndrewPenney » May 19th, 2008 1:09 am

我喜欢!(I like it).

Thank you!

Return to “Learn Arabic Feature Requests”