Start Learning Arabic in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Egyptian Arabic

glen_slo
New in Town

Egyptian Arabic

Postby glen_slo » August 3rd, 2009 12:31 pm

I've read on numerous websites that Egyptian Arabic is the best dialect to learn because Egypt's media is so prevalent throughout the middle-east region. This has even been confirmed by people I know who live in Saudi Arabia and Syria.

So, I guess I'd like to know why there aren't more podcast lessons in Egyptian Arabic?

And will the Beginner Series ever be continued? Even though I think MSA is kind of useless in a day-to-day situation, I enjoyed learning it and made very good progress with it.

Masreya
New in Town

Postby Masreya » August 20th, 2009 9:36 am

Dear Glen,
Thanks for your joining in with your input. All of what you have said is completely true. Standard Arabic is our mother tongue ,that goes for all Arabs and Muslims, but its not what we use in our daily life, for that we have the dialects, Egyptian is the most common and widely understood all over the Arabic world, thanks to the media and movie making industry we have, the songs, drama, programs, radio, so for communication, Egyptians dialect is the one ! ( plus its really easy to learn ) :wink:
Standard Arabic, imagine going to an English speaking country, and using what i like to call ( Shakespeare English ), how would sound like to other people? THAT'S EXACTLY how it is for us, using the Standard Arabic in daily situations !
Things are changing now, more people realize the importance of this dialect, so you will find more podcasts in it ( I mean here we are ) :D , more schools are opening to teach it as well, so its no the same.
After the beginner series are done, more lessons and levels will be coming your way, so always be sure to keep an eye on us 8)
How is it going for you learning Egyptian Dialect? I would be very interested to know for sure :roll:

Hala

Get 40% OFF
fatma1206
New in Town

egyptian arabic

Postby fatma1206 » November 1st, 2009 9:48 am

will there be lessons on how to count & how to tell time in the egyptian dialect?
I am currently learning the language and it would be very helpful to have these lessons online too. :)

Masreya
New in Town

Postby Masreya » November 1st, 2009 2:45 pm

Ahlan Fatma,
You will find 2 lessons about counting , on Newbie series, lessons ( 4, 5 ) .
And the rest is coming on this Newbie series S2, lessons 21 and 22.
Also on ( All about Arabic ), there will be 2 lessons dedicated fully to counting with the tricks needed to learn it and make it easier for you !
Have fun with the numbers, its really easy! :D
And as an extra tip, focus on memorizing 3-9, you will find out why when you listen to the lessons :idea:

AndyF
New in Town

egypt arabic

Postby AndyF » February 21st, 2010 4:52 pm

hello,

i am intrested to learn Egypt dialect. I very often visit Egypt. So all my knowledge i have gained from native Egyptian people.

Very pity that the level of education in Egypt at a low level, and many Egyptians can not help me in training, because they do not understand in English what I ask them about.

On your site, I have found only one lesson in the Egyptian dialect. That's why i not signed up your membership.

Could you give more attention to the Egyptian dialect?

Thx,
Andrew

Return to “Arabic Lesson Suggestions”